Dapple - augustipris 79 kr/härva - gäller även i september
Copy paste från hemsidan:
- 165 yards (150 meters) | 50 grams | DK weight
- Tonally-dyed colorways
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 60% Merino wool / 40% organic cotton
- 20.7 micron Merino wool from Colorado
- Organic cotton from Texas
- Wool Scoured at Chargeurs Wool in Jamestown, South Carolina
- Cotton ginned at Woolam Gin in O’Donnell, Texas
- Spun at Crescent Woolen Mills in Two Rivers, Wisconsin
- Dyed at Caledonian Dye Works in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We fell in love with the idea of woolen-spun cotton, a less-common blending and carding process that preserves the loft and softness of cotton, while maintaining a downy, natural look to knitted fabrics. We sourced organic Texas cotton from Texas Organic Cotton Marketing Cooperative to combine with the finest US Merino we could find — with a goal of creating a yarn that “knits like wool and wears like cotton”. Our sweet spot was a 60/40 blend that balances cotton’s breathability and softness with Merino’s memory and bounce. Dapple creates sweatshirt-soft fabrics that are perfect for next-to-skin wear while preserving the natural look of heathered wool.
Dapple’s unique blend of wool and cotton transcends traditional solid colors. Dyed in the skein with traditional wool dyes, Merino absorbs the majority of the color, leaving desaturated dots of organic cotton throughout. This nuanced result evokes the dimensionality of a good tweed and engages the knitter with rich tonality. Experiment with the greater variability of dark tones or paint your project with a lighter, less variegated colorway. If you have specific color preferences, please leave a note in the box on the cart page during checkout.
Här kan ni se fina plagg till både stora och små, stickade med Dapple.